Obtaining a Library Card
How to get a Library Card from the Storm Lake Public Library:
- Anyone 7 years old or older may obtain a library card.
- Anyone under the age of 18 needs to have a parent or guardian present to apply for a card.
- All patrons are required to have an identification number on file, preferably from a a valid driver's license, but a passport or other government issued picture ID is also acceptable. Minors under the age of 18 with a valid driver's license or permit may use their own number.
- Anyone applying for a Library Card must proved proof of current permanent address, preferably a recently received piece of mail with the applicant's or a parent's name on it. All applicants must provide a valid form of contact in the form of a phone number, and must provide a valid alternate contact such as email, another cell phone number, or a work phone number.
- For security purposes, all patron accounts must include a photo, which we will take at the time of application or upon renewal.
- A separate waiver must be filled out by a parent or a guardian for all persons under the age of 18 in order to gain permission to access public computers.
- You must present your library card in order to use the computers and check out materials. Patrons are allowed to use cards issued in their names only. As a Library Card holder you are responsible for all fines, fees, and the condition of the materials checked out on your card. Parents or guardians are legally responsible for materials checked out by minor children.
- The first library card is free. A replacement for a lost card is available for $1.00.